Thursday, February 19, 2009

French Toast with a Twist - Masala Maar ke

Well I am a big fan of french toast with maple syrup dripping on the sides (yummmy!!).
But last night I wasn't in a mood to eat something sweet. I had read this recipe online somewhere a few months ago so I thought I'll give it a try - Spicy Egg Toast. They turned out pretty good :)

Ingredients:
1 egg
Milk - 3 Tbsp
Bread slices (Brown/white) - 3
1/4th onion
1/4th tomato
1 green chilli
salt
black pepper - 1/2 tsp
dhaniya powder - 1 tsp
red chilli pepper - 1/2 tsp
butter

Method
1. Wash the tomato, onion and green chilli and chop them into fine pieces



2. Break the egg and mix milk in it. Beat it well.

3. Mix the cut onions, tomatoes, green chillies in it. Add salt, red chilli pwder, dhaniya powder and black pepper. Again beat it well.



4. Heat the pan with some butter. You can also use the cooking spray.

5. Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture so that its coated well on both the sides. Dont keep it dipped for too long otherwise it become soggy.


6. Fry the bread on the pan from both sides.


7. And here it is!



I ate it with tomato ketchup (well I can practically eat ketchup with anything) :)

2 comments:

  1. wow! Look at those pictures! U took them? I feel hungry already :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i took the pictures. Try making these at home. Its really easy and very yummy.

    ReplyDelete